As Labor Day approaches, our campaign is in full swing. We need your support to ensure we re-elect Tom to another term. Helping our campaign is easier than ever before - can you sign up today to help?
Just this week, Tom :
- Co-authored a letter to the House Armed Services Committee requesting that the reconciled text of the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) include the USE IT Act, which addresses climate change by incentivizing carbon capture.
- Co-sponsored a small business bill, H.R. 6897, that expands Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan eligibility to newspaper publishers, radio stations, and television broadcasters.
- Tom hosted his weekly virtual town hall “Tuesdays with Tom”, which featured the Dine’ Chamber of Commerce where he learned more about some of the critical issues facing small businesses in rural and tribal Arizona.
- Pushed back against the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Robert Redfield’s recently issued guidelines that suggested not all persons exposed to the coronavirus need to be tested.
- Tom kicked off the Blue Dog Coalition’s “Rural Opportunity Roundtable Series” with local and tribal leaders across the district to discuss the effects of COVID-19 on rural and tribal communities.
- Tom hosted a virtual listening session with teachers, principals, and staff from the Casa Grande Union High School and Elementary School Districts to discuss how educators have prepared for remote learning and hybrid approaches for the school year, as well as the challenges they have faced adjusting to these new learning environments.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions!