Just another quick update on what Tom has been up to lately for Arizonans.
Recently, Tom was proud to have voted in favor of the following bills in the House:
- The Great American Outdoors Act, which establishes the National Parks and Public Land Legacy Restoration Fund to support deferred maintenance projects on federal lands and permanently reauthorizes the Land Water Conservation Fund (LWCF). The President is expected to sign the bill into law.
- The NO BAN Act, which prevents the President from abusing his authority to restrict entry of non-citizens into the U.S.
- The Access to Counsel Act of 2020, which gives individuals who present themselves at a border, airport, or other point of entry, meaningful access to communicate with attorneys who can advocate on their behalf.
- The Child Care Is Essential Act, which provides $50 billion to the Child Care Stabilization Fund to award grants to childcare providers to safely stay open during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Child Care for Economic Recovery Act, which provides $850 million in funding for the Social Services Block Grant and $10 billion for the Child Care Development Fund to safely provide critical childcare services to essential workers during the pandemic.
He also co-sponsored:
- The COVID Preparedness, Response, and Effective Planning for Advanced Requirements By The Executive Branch (PREPARE) Act, which requires federal agencies to submit a report to Congress on the steps they are taking to respond to a potential resurgence of COVID-19, including measurable goals, anticipated challenges, and how they will communicate with Congress.